The powerful anti-inflammatory and antiseptic qualities of turmeric has made it once of the most powerful remedies for many aliments and like rheumatoid Arthritis and diabetes; it activates the lymphatic system and boosts he levels of PH in the body.
Benefits for skin and hair:
- Anti ageing
- Improves skin elasticity
- Lightens pigmentation
- Controls dandruff and hair loss
- Controls acne
- Anti inflammatory
- Helps reduce stress, which has negative affects on skin, hair and overall health.
To make your tea:
- 2 cups water
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric (or 1 inch turmeric root)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or 2-3 cinnamon sticks)
- 6 peppercorns, optional
- Pinch of sea salt
- TO SERVE: sliced oranges, honey, and juice of 1 lemon.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil, add peeled and minced ginger root, turmeric, cinnamon (you may also add cinnamon sticks), peppercorns if desired, sliced oranges, sea salt.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat.
You can add honey to serve or fresh lemon juice.
Enjoy your tea!